Welcome to Yorkton's Soccer website! Recent changes in Yorkton have seen
Yorkton Soccer Association (YSA) join forces with Yorkton United Football
Club (YUFC). As a result all soccer programming will now be offered
through YUFC. Players of all skill and commitment levels from the ages of 4 to
Adult are encouraged to register. If you have questions, please contact
us. If you would like to register you do so online or at Canada Soccer Shop, 23 Broadway Street E, Yorkton.
YUFC Stars News
- YUFC Club News
- Visit the news page for more news items.
- 13-May-2013 - U12 Boys Div1 Team take it to Regina for the season opener
- The Yorkton boys had a respectable start to the season on Sunday, May 12 as they met up with two formidable foes on Regina’s Leibel Field. On Mother’s Day, they made their mothers proud!
The first match-up took place at 11am against QC United. The first half saw Yorkton start the scoring with a goal by Jordin Rusnak. Jordin put another one in near the beginning of the second half to make it 2-0. Then Regina came back with 2 goals. The game ended in a draw.
Yorkton played again at 5pm, this time against Regina’s AC Pumas. Yorkton caught its stride in this back and forth match that saw both teams go hard from the beginning of the game. Regina opened the scoring early, but then Jordin Rusnak scored twice to put Yorkton in front. The score notched up back
and forth to 4-4 with Yorkton goals by Nick Fetsch and Matthew Cochrane. With 3 minutes left, Nolan Maier scored the game winner.
Coach Mike Jakubiec was pleased with his team today, especially in the second match when they all played very well. No matter the score, Jakubiec felt that the work the boys did on the field was a winning effort.
- 23-Jan-2013 - YUFC U10 Boys brings home Silver
- The Yorkton United U10 Boys attended the Regina Soccer Association Youth Soccer Tournament January 11 to 13 and once again brought home medals.
The play action started Friday night against Regina’s REU Force with Yorkton coming out on top with a score of 4-0. Saturday morning Yorkton faced the UCT Avengers beating them 4-0, but then lost their afternoon match against QC Green 1-3.
Sunday morning, the Yorkton boys won a very tight match in the semi-final game against Moosejaw, 1-0 in double sudden death overtime. This took them to the Sunday afternoon final, another nail biter. In a very close match up against RE Black, Yorkton lost 3-2. Despite being down in the last game, the boys came together and played as a team. Everyone, without exception, worked hard and contributed to the well-deserved silver medal. Coaches Mike Jakubiec and Benno Looft were both very pleased with the effort the boys put forward in the tournament.
In the two other tournaments in Regina before Christmas, the Yorkton U10 Boys came home with a Gold medal each time. They are preparing to field 2 teams to join the Regina Soccer Association’s last indoor tournament of the year, Winterfest, next weekend, January 25 – 27.
- 09-Jul-2012 - Y.U.F.C. Ladies Add Another Gold
- The Y.U.F.C. U16 Girls went on to capture a gold medal by defeating Swift Current 4-0 in the Summerfest final. With this win the girls record is 23 wins, 1 loss, 4 ties with this team since the beginning of indoor, and the team is currently on a 26 game unbeaten streak....so great job by the players and coaching staff.....hopefully we can finish off Provincials with another bang.
- 09-Jul-2012 - U14 Fury Show Heart at Summerfest
- The Yorkton United U14 Core Real Estate Fury soccer team travelled to Regina this weekend (July 6-8) to compete in the annual A.C.F.C. Summerfest Soccer Tournament. A better description of the team would be a handful of U14 Fury players and a handful of U12 Chelsea players making up the desired amount of 11 players enough to fill all positions on the field headed to Regina to compete in the tournament and compete they did. The Yorkton Fury first faced the Q.C> United 2000s and although they dominated the play some missed chances and poor officiating allowed the 2000s to squeak by Yorkton with a 2-1 victory. Saturday sprung more obstacles as one of the Fury players had to leave Regina for another prior commitment which left the Fury playing short a man with only 10 on the field. The Fury faced Q.C. United Green Saturday morning. The game got off to a good start as Yorkton's Derek Campbell scored the first goal but Q.C. was able to tie the game up when they were awarded a penalty shot. Derek Campbell fired back with 3 more goals for a total of 4 while Thomas Djagowez added two and Matthew Mandziuk and Spencer Steele added singles. Yorkton went on to a 8-1 victory. "The early goals by Campbell and some key saves by our keeper Zach Shearer helped the momentum get rolling and took the wind out of the sails of Q.C. and most important the rest of the team did not let up." Up next for the Fury was South West United, a team based out of Swift Current and area whom will be competing at Saskatchewan Summer Games. The South West team came with a full bench ready to make fresh substitutions in the hot afternoon sun. In the first half the play went back and forth with Yorkton out chancing South West. Derek Campbell opened the scoring to give Yorkton a 1-0 lead at halftime. The fresh legs of the South West United team soon began to take advantage of the tired Yorkton team as they began to control more of the play. Yorkton held their ground but South West were able to put 2 past the keeper to go up 2-1. It was clear that Yorkton was running out of gas but late in the half Yorkton made a push as Derek Campbell scored twice to give Yorkton the lead and then the Fury buckled down defensively to get the victory. "It was a great effort by the boys. They were out of gas but not out of heart and that's something that you just can't coach. We didn't make it to the tournament final but the boys truly played like champions this weekend."
- 03-Jun-2012 - U14 Fury Move To 3-3 After Impressive Win
- It was a warm and windy day when the Yorkton United U14 Core Real Estate Fury hit the field as Sacred Heart High School this past Sunday to take on the UCT Lightning from Regina. Nathan Cochrane started the scoring with his first of 3 for Yorkton and then UCT managed an equalizer about 10 minutes later. The Fury countered when Kyle Schmidt's cross found the head of Nathan Cochrane and then the back of the net to put Yorkton on top again. Henry Thomas and Scott Popoff added to Yorkton's score tally but UCT managed two quick counter attacks to bring the game close with a 4-3 score at halftime. "The score was closer than it should be. We had a couple of breakdowns in the midfield and defense and the Lightning were able to capitalize on them. Also the wind helped out the other team a little bit as well." The Fury picked up their game in the second half and controlled most of the play with quick passes as fluid movement. "We have been emphasizing this all season and the team really picked up their performance this half. Nathan Cochrane started off the scoring in the second half as he did in the first to cap off his hat trick and Scott Popoff added another 3 goals to give himself a total of 4 goals and lead the Core Real Estate Fury to a 8-3 win. The win gives Yorkton a 3-3 record in the Regina Soccer League. Next action for the Fury is June 16th in Regina and June 17th in Yorkton at the Sacred Heart High School at 1:00pm.
- 06-May-2012 - U14 Core Real Estate Fury Kick Off Outdoor Season
- The Yorkton United U14 Core Real Estate Fury kicked off their 2012 Regina Soccer League season this weekend with two games in Regina. To cut down on travel costs the team has agreed to play two games in a day when they travel to Regina a tough task in the summer heat but luckily the cloud cover in Regina made perfect soccer weather. With the weather in check it was up to the boys and girls ( Kendra Varjassy and Allison Berge have joined the team for the Regina League) to showcase their skills on the pitch. Although the team has only had 3 practices before the start of the season they player very well and showed a lot of chemistry. Most of the team has played together all winter but have had a bit of a break while waiting for the snow to melt and with the addition of a few new players including the two girls as mentioned before I wasn't sure what to expect.
The first game of the afternoon was versus the Moose Jaw Storm. Yorkton controlled the ball very well in the midfield but just couldn't mount much of an attack in the first half. In the second half it was more of the same but a defensive break down lead to a Moose Jaw goal. Although the chances started to come the Fury just couldn't find the back of the net on all their chances but one. Austin Thomas was able to hammer the ball into the mesh after a missed clearing attempt off a corner kick which tied the game. Moose Jaw however answered back with only a few minutes remaining to steal the 2-1 win. "Even though it was a loss I was very happy the way we played and played together. I told the player before the game to play smart out there because we had two games to play and only 2 substitutes on the bench and I think they did that very well and looked like dominant team out there. I think as the season wears on we will be able to find the scoring that we need."
The second game later that afternoon was versus the UCT Lightning from Regina. The second game is always a test of the teams endurance and with only 2 substitutes to draw from the team was hoping that there smart play could continue. It was a little shaky at the start but soon the Fury found their pace and started to control the game. The team lead 2-1 at half with goals from Henry Thomas and Zach Kostersky. The YUFC Fury continued to play well in the second half and Henry Thomas was able to add one more goal and give Yorkton the 3-1 win. "It was good to see Henry perform well. Not just because he was able to score 2 goals but because he is the newest addition to the team and he fit in real well...
- 08-Mar-2012 - U10 Kinsmen Storm Fall Just Short at Winterfest
- January 27, 2012 - The U10 Kinsmen Storm attended their third tournament of the season in Regina on January 27, 2012. The team’s tournament began Friday against Regina Pumas Gold and the Storm came out in a flurry. Teagan Werner received a pass from Zach Wasylsyshen and scored a goal within the first 7 minutes. Teagan followed up with another quick goal that was assisted by Jarius Pellat. Prior to the end of the first half, Cole Looft netted one making it 3-nil heading into the break. In the second half, the Gold were able to score a quick goal at the two minute mark. However, in the end the Storm were able to maintain their 2 goal lead to muster a 3-1 win.
The team’s next game was early Saturday morning versus Regina Pumas Black. At the 16 minute mark of the first half, Kaeden Koroluk made a nice pass to Teagan Werner who scored for the Storm. With 6 minutes left in the first half, Austin Andres received a pass from Josh Kidd to make it 2-0. Then, one minute into the 2nd half Teagan was set up by Zach Wasylyshen and scored, putting the game out of reach at a margin of 3-0. Austin Stewart once again stood strong in goal posting an excellent shutout.
On Sunday morning, the Storm took the field against Regina UCT Turbo needing to tie or win to move to the gold medal game. The Storm found themselves trailing the Turbo 1-0 at half time. In the second half, the team pressed the Turbo but could not muster a goal. In the end, the Kinsmen Storm fell just short, losing 1-0 in a very entertaining game against the Turbo. As a result, a trip to their third consecutive final did not come to fruition.
Soccer is a team game and isn’t just about goals and assists. So, it’s important to identify all of the kids playing for the Storm: Austin Andres, Josh Kidd, Kaeden Koroluk, Cole Looft, Jairus Pellatt, Keane Szabo, Austen Stewart, Brett Switzer, Andriy Usan, Braydon Waslyniuk, Teagan Werner and Zach Wasylyshen.
- 27-Feb-2012 - U14 Fury Div. II Provincial Champions
- The Yorkton United U14 Fury have been snake bitten this year when it comes to tournaments always one win shy of making the finals. The Fury definitely saved the best for last by winning gold at the U14 Div. II Provincials.
The U14 Fury started off the tournament with a 3-1 win versus SUSC Titans with goals by Ryan Nussbaumer and Ben Fetsch(2. Next the Fury faced a very strong Humboldt Hurricanes team and after falling behind by one goal Derek Campbell netted 2 in a row to steal a 2-1 victory for the Fury. On Saturday the Fury faced Q.C. United 99's and took an early 2-0 lead but let the lead and game slip away late in the second half and lost 3-2. Matthew Mandziuk and Derek Campbell scored for Yorkton. It was do or die as they faced the top ranked team from Regina the UCT Lightning. The Y.U.F.C. Fury managed to hold on for a 1-0 victory. Ben Fetsch had the single. After round robin play the team was tied with Humboldt but because they had beaten the Hurricanes the U14 Fury was awarded a spot in the finals versus Holandia Gremio. Holandia had been walking through their competition with ease but ran into a determined Yorkton squad that ended up playing their best game of the tournament. Derek Campbell placed a pass perfectly across the field and Ryan Nussbaumer finished it off by putting the ball in the back of the net. After that the Fury were able to shut down Holandia and came away with 1-0 win and the Provincial title.
- 27-Feb-2012 - U14 Fury Boys Soccer Team have New Sponser
- The Y.U.F.C. U14 Boys Soccer Team are proud to announce that Core Real Estate Inc. has sponsored two sets of jerseys for the team.
- 27-Feb-2012 - U8 Yorkton United Blazers Dig For Gold
- The Yorkton United U8 Blazers attended “Winterfest” in Regina January 27 – 29. This was their second tournament of the season and once again the Blazers showed off their talents and composure and brought home the Gold Medal.
After their 3 game round robin was complete they led the standings with 29 points and advanced to the final game against Regina ACFC Pumas White (who had defeated the Blazers in their first outing of the season). The Blazers came out flying and ended up winning the match by a final score of 2 – 1. A well-played game by both teams.
Coached by Alfredo Bermundez and assisted by Samantha Okrainec the Blazers showed true sportsmanship and excelled as a team unit! Members of the team included Logan Westvelt, Tomas Quinde Seeley, Justin Adam, Carter Potzus, Joey Palagian, Corby Shumay, Justin Kidd, Jonathon Fetsch, Jonathon Nesseth and Carter Dumelie. Well done Blazers!